Everything and nothing. Read it, shrug your shoulders and move on.


Monday, October 30

Yesterday was a momentus day

D - For I had all my hair chopped off.

I'll post a pic of the glorious locks as they sit forlornly on the floor after tumbling from my head later when I get home, 'cos I know you're gagging to see them.

C lopped off the ponytail with a pair of scissors, before A got her hands on them and had a go at hacking away. Finally wresting control from the ladies, I got the trusty clippers out (Oh and it's been such a long, long time since I last used them - in fact I don't think i've ever used them all the time i've known C since we first met a couple of weeks after I decided to grow it) and revelled in the buzzing sound before running them across my mess of hair.

It's such a delight to be rid of long hair. Hair that was dry no matter what we did, hair that was frizzy despite all the products put on it, hair that was always tied back and only got to be worn down (And look good at the same time) about once a week. I grew to loathe my long hair, feeling it sucked my confidence as it was never able to be kept under control, with curls sprouting everywhere, a ponytail that was like a big bushy tail and the depressing battle every morning to do something, anything, to it and make it look half decent.

But now it's gone! I've got my skinnyhead back! Grade 3 in case you were wondering and I feeling fucking great!

No comments: