Everything and nothing. Read it, shrug your shoulders and move on.


Wednesday, December 20

I've forgotten how to drink!

Twice during the course of this week i've had cause to go out and have a drink. Once when I stormed out the house on Sunday due to an argument and found myself having only the pub as a refuge. And last night when we had a works drink after a meeting.

On both occasions I only had one pint. One was Stella, the other Kroney. Although each went down fairly well, I didn't really enjoy them and the next day woke up to have bubbly guts and a twitchy sphincter.

I've literally forgotten how to drink since i've been with C.

It's all the smoke. There is no need, or sense, in drinking while smoking unless you like being utterly spanked but in focusing on that for so long I can't remember how to process booze.

It must have been sometime in my mid-20's that beer started to sit on my guts in a different way and lead to explosive, and smelly, trips to the toilet the morning after a session. It also seems to be a common affliction amongst drinkers at around that age too according to anecdotal evidence.

It's not so bad if the drink isn't lager as that seems to be the main culprit. But lager is nice and i'd like to be able to drink it in copious amounts once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I thought it was just me. Plus the booze has a different effect now. It used to make me high now it just makes me sleep.