Everything and nothing. Read it, shrug your shoulders and move on.


Thursday, January 11

Beginning of the end?

I thought it was last night. C had come home feeling down about money (Not surprising since she works in a private hospital and is surrounded by the conspicuous wealth of staff and patients alike) and started to take it out on me.

She always thought that a man would look after her financially and all the money she earned would be disposable income. That led into an annoyance that I was never going to earn large amounts of money and how could we afford to have kids or buy a house?

That really upset me, so I told her that if that's what she wants then she must really let me know and save me staying in a relationship that was fundamentally flawed and would founder. Then I went up to bed and lay alone for almost an hour, believing this was the beginning of the end and loathing myself for my inability to put my intelligence into use when it comes to work, and hating myself for my minds total lack of concentration, memory and ability to grasp simple concepts.

Then C came up to bed. I felt cold and broken as she slipped into bed until, after a minute, she cuddled up to my back, put an arm around me and told me that she loves me. Then she apologised as I held her tight to me and felt relief that thedacs will never be apart. We'll be together for ever and will beat back any problem that tries to separate us. We lay in bed talking for about an hour, holding each other as we laughed, cried and eventually began snoring.

The money problems haven't ended though. C has found something metal hanging out the bottom of the car. No idea what it is, but it's resting on the exhaust (And making a rattling sound that first alerted her to the problem) and is hanging by a thread. C reckons it's something protective but she's off to her mechanic today to find out for sure. And to find out how much it's going to cost us to fix!

No comments: